The industry leading ShorPOWER® SPA-II is a state of the art frequency converter containing features not available in any other converter on the market. An example of these is proportional load sharing between the two shore cords and the ability to operate into a 100% imbalanced load while maintaining the precise regulation of all the output phases. Built using the latest power semiconductors and ferrite transformers the SPA-II is controlled by an ultra-high speed digital signal processor to create an absolutely pure output sine wave.
Unique to the SPA Compact is its ability to be operated in high ambient temperatures through a novel method of controlling the airflow in the unit. The compact form factor allows the SPA Compact to be installed where height is restricted, expanding the installation opportunities on board. Because of packaging techniques derived from the aerospace industry, the ShorPOWER® SPA Series system offers the lightest weight to kVA ratio in the market. No other marine frequency converter approximates the low weight of the ShorPOWER® SPA Series units with the standard features included.
The SPA-II will automatically connect to any marina power source worldwide and provide clean, stable and reliable power for the yacht. Fully compatible with all types of marina breakers and complying with shore supply regulations, having an SPA-II on board makes the yacht a truly global vessel.
Advanced Power Design
The ShorPOWER® SPA-II frequency converter utilizes state-of-the-art technology including the latest in power semiconductors and ferrite core transformer technology, all controlled by a ultra-high speed digital signal processing control system to produce an absolutely pure output sine wave with no distortion.
The onboard guests do not want to be aggravated by flickering lights, black-outs and generator starts caused by fluctuations in the marina power. Regardless of the dock power quality the SPA-II will always produce stable and reliable power. This reliability is achieved by manufacturing the converter using only the highest quality components and by engineering the converter for actual marine use.
Maximize Marina Power
Many yachts have to reduce their air conditioning and galley loads when in the marina to prevent overloading the circuit breaker on the dock and losing all power. The SPA-II converter increases the amount of available power from the marina by as much as 100%, that’s 35% more than other comparable converters. By adding a second shore cord the available power doubles again.
Designed from the ground up, based on years of marine experience, the converter is packaged in a lightweight aluminum enclosure and is engineered to operate in the worst marine conditions such as high ambient temperature and humidity. It has been extensively tested to ensure that when loads such as large motors and compressors start there are no fluctuations of the output power.
- Automatically connects to any worldwide marina power.
- Works with any RCD /GFCI circuit breaker
MAXIMIZE MARINA POWER
- Balances the current in the input phases regardless of output load imbalance.
- Conditions the input power to maximize the available power.
- Reduced current at start up prevents nuisance trip of marina breaker.
ONBOARD EQUIPMENT PROTECTION
- Provides protection against marina voltage transients.
- Output power is stable even when large output loads are applied.
- Precise output voltage and frequency regulation.
- Regulation remains precise even with unbalanced loads.
- Generous overload capability so no need to start generator during peak times.
ADVANCED POWER DESIGN
- State of the art power semiconductors and ferrite core transformers.
- Extensive protection and diagnostic system.
- Network Compatible – Fully integrated Ethernet-based Communication Data Link (CDL) system
- Fully integrated dual shore cord inputs for increased capacity.
- Seamless power transfer between ShorPOWER® SPA-II and the generator.
- Seamless generator to generator transfer using the ShorPOWER® SPA-II.
- Generator auto start for input overload protection (requires seamless power transfer option).
- Parallelable for increased capacity.
- RS485 communications.
- TecPOWER® switchboard data link interface.
- Output contactor.
- Color touchscreen remote control panel.
- Alternate enclosures available including a modular configuration.