ShorPOWER® ULTRA HP™
The ShorPOWER® ULTRA HP™ series of frequency converters are designed to be the workhorse of the marine industry. Unlike other converters available they are built from a single power module of up to 200kVA that can be paralleled to create a system up to 2.0MkVA. This converter is highly reliable and is designed to provide years of service, there are currently hundreds of Ultra converters providing clean reliable power to many of the most prestigious yachts in the world.
The ULTRA HP™ will automatically connect to any high voltage marina power source worldwide and provide clean, stable and reliable power for the yacht. Fully compatible with all types of marina breakers and complying with all shore supply regulations, having an ULTRA HP™ on board makes the yacht a truly global vessel.
Advanced Power Design
The ShorPOWER® ULTRA HP™ marine frequency converter utilizes state-of-the-art technology including the latest in power semiconductors and ferrite core transformer technology, all controlled by a ultra-high speed digital control system to produce an absolutely pure output sine wave with no distortion.
The onboard guests do not want to be aggravated by flickering lights, black-outs and generator starts caused by fluctuations in the marina power. Regardless of the dock power supply quality the ULTRA HP™ will always produce stable and reliable power. This reliability is achieved by manufacturing the converter using only the highest quality components and by engineering the converter for actual marine use.
Maximize Marina Power
Many yachts have to reduce their air conditioning and galley loads when in the marina to prevent overloading the circuit breaker on the dock and losing all power. By conditioning the and balancing the currents in the shore cord the ULTRA HP™ converter increases the amount of available power from the marina by as much as 35%.
Designed from the ground up, based on years of marine experience, the converter is packaged in a lightweight compact aluminum enclosure with a small footprint and is engineered to operate in the worst marine conditions such as high ambient temperature and humidity. It has been extensively tested to ensure that when large loads such as motors and compressors start there are no fluctuations of the output power.
- Automatically connects to any worldwide marine power supply.
- Works with any RCD /GFCI circuit breaker
MAXIMIZE MARINA POWER
- Balances the current in the input phases regardless of output load imbalance.
- Conditions the input power to maximize the available power.
- Available with fully integrated dual shore cord inputs for increased capacity.
- Shares the current proportionally between the two shore cords to maximize the power obtainable from the dock.
- Reduced current at start up prevents nuisance trip of marina breaker.
ONBOARD EQUIPMENT PROTECTION
- Provides protection against marina voltage transients.
- Output power is stable even when large output loads are applied.
- Precise output voltage and frequency regulation.
- Regulation remains precise even with unbalanced loads.
- Generous overload capability so no need to start generator during peak times.
ADVANCED POWER DESIGN
- State of the art power semiconductors and ferrite core transformers.
- Extensive protection and diagnostic system.
- Wide ambient operating temperature range -40 °C to +55 °C
- Rated for power factor range from 0.5 lagging to 0.8 leading.
- Network Compatible – Fully integrated Ethernet-based Communication Data Link (CDL) system.
- Seamless power transfer between ShorPOWER® ULTRA HF and the generator.
- Parallelable for increased capacity.
- Color touchscreen remote control panel.
- Alternate enclosures available including a modular configuration.
- Alternative input range up to 6.6kV.
- Field selectable output voltage and frequency.
- Output load disconnect.
|Voltage||177 to 528 Volts|
|Frequency||50 to 60 Hz|
|Power Factor||≥ 0.999|
|Output||Power Ratings||3 Phase: 150, 180, or 200 kVA
Parallelable up to 2.0 MVA
|Frequency||50 or 60 Hz ±0.01%|
110% for 1 hour
125% for 10 minutes
150% for 2 minutes
200% for 20 seconds
|Environment||Protection||Over/Under Voltage, Loss of Phase, Over Current, Short Circuit Overload, and Safety Disconnect|
|Temperature Range||-40°C to +55°C|
|Humidity||10% to 95%
|Enclosure||IP23 (Optional IP55)|
Onboard ShorPOWER Converters for Larger Yachts
|SPA-II||SHF||Ultra HF||Ultra HP||Ultra HV|
|Unit Power Ratings||37.5kVA - 90kVA||20kVA - 125kVA||60kVA - 125kVA||150kVA - 200kVA||50kVA - 300kVA|
|System Power Ratings||75kVA - 720kVA||180kVA - 1250kVA||200kVA - 1250kVA||300kVA - 2000kVA||100kVA - 3000kVA|
|Input Voltage||177V - 528V||177V - 528V||177V - 528V||177V - 528V||350V - 528V|
|Alternate Input Voltage|
|Input Phase||1 and 3||3||3||3||3|
|Output Voltage||208V - 480V||380V - 480V||380V - 480V||380V - 480V||208V - 480V|
|Output Phase||1 or 3||1||3||3||3|
|Extended Operating Temperature|
|Dual Shore Cord Input|
|Communications Data Link|
The safest, most reliable and cost-effective marine electrical power system starts with a quality design
Select Atlas’ team of highly experience and degreed marine Electrical Engineers to provide the optimum electrical power system design for your vessel. Their many years of…
Detailed Documentation Package
The engineering design team at Atlas Marine Systems provides a detailed documentation package that assists the shipyard in identifying the electrical power system components and equipment…
Atlas — Your single-source electrical supplier for design and equipment
The Atlas design service is an enhancement to an electrical system using Atlas TecPOWER™ AC and DC switchboards and ShorPOWER frequency, voltage and phase converters. Intimate…